Monday 20 March 2017

The DOSAGE!!


Did the title got you confused?

Dosage… what could it really be about? Malaria, typhoid or tuberculosis or common flew?

Well let me make it a bit riveting.

“when I went in 10 standard along with the strict warning to get good marks my mom started to give some doses as well” my friend said with a small smile forming on her lips, thinking about the time which was quite filmy yet the memories were sound in her heart.

Ohh no, this isn’t from any story or comic or whatever you might have thought. It’s a statement which had got me and my 5 friends into a state of disorientation normally called as CONFUSSION.

Though she kept on talking yet the word ‘doses’ had our attention to it unmarred enough … and I am sure so is yours.

When we had finally decided to stop her and ask what kind of doses are you implying, I mean some memory booster or something.

She had cachinnated and waved a hand at us and in a quite lackadaisical accent said “ohh no, doses as in you know… we belong to this community and expect you to get married to a guy who belongs to the same community, you need to do things very well now or else your mother in law would laugh at us and blah and blah.”

That evening the discussion which was going on earlier had come to an end and some new facts had started to come up.

“You were told about it when you were in 10?” one of my guy friends had asked. The looks which they had given us was quite hilarious.

“Yeah, what about you?” she asked me and others.

What about me. The answer which I had given gave them another shock.

“I was told about these things when I was In 8 standard, and it’s quite normal every girl goes through this training.” I had added with a shrug.

Training that’s what I had loved to call it!

“Why? aren’t you guys told about it?” my friend asked. The boys looked at each other and then the one who was eldest amongst us answered.

“Yeah I was told about it once my family decided to see alliances for me that was when I was 25 or 26 years old what about you people?” he asked the other guys.

The answer was very different from what you would except from a girl. The group of people with whom I was having this conversation was from 18 to 30 and 5 of them were from 20 to 30 whereas I was 18 years old.

It was quite fascinating that the boys though were of 20 to 25 yet two of them weren’t given any erudition about it as yet. The other two were known about these facts as their families had started to look for matrimonies.

How trenchant it was in that room us seven people who were from today’s contemporaries not much difference in age yet we two girls had a different nurture from that of the boys.

Was it that the boys were from some different world or contra distinct section of society or even a colorful community? The answer was No, we all were from same community, same world as well same class of the society yet the teaching that we were given was otherwise.

I don’t blame any male population here, because all those whom I had known till now- I was great to know them. Even those 5 guys with whom I was having a serious powwow were a gift to us. When we had asked them what they think about it? The answer which they gave made me and my friend august to know them.

“it’s not one person whom we could blame about, it’s the thinking… I don’t fathom why aren’t we told about these things at the very same elderliness as that of girl… and then people say that a girl is full-blown than that of a boy has anyone thought of it why?”

Really has anyone of us contemplated about it why?

Is it because of that Y chromosome that differentiate their sex, but then if it is so then males as well have a X chromosome that matureness somewhere has to be there if we think from the hormonal point of view.

I am no doctor or a saint who could really tell whether these things really depend on the hormonal issue or not, but then if no then what could really be the cause.

My friend had said that he postulates that if I was informed of these things well before I was then maybe I would have been a better person then I am.

When a girl is born in a family somewhere even though that family is happy they have this worry of how to bring her up. She is always taught to do this to do that, sit in this manner, wear these types of clothes, talk in this manner and some got to such an extent that even today they are as well taught how to walk in front of people.

Just think of it, if a boy would have for once at the time of girlhood told that you will respect each and every lady in this world as you respect your sister. You can express your true feeling in front of us my child there isn’t written anywhere that a man is a man when he learns how to ignore his feelings rather than acknowledging them.

The girl who would be marrying you and coming to this house is not the daughter in law of this house rather she will be m child and I accept you to respect her and her thoughts and wishes.

Imagine how it would be if a boy would be given all those lectures about what will your wife and mother in law think for the tactics you do. Imagine how a relationship or that budding teenager would be if he would be given the same talk which makes a girl more mature than he is.

We girls are asked to be calm, composed to think upon the matters and then give our reactions rather than acting out in anger or frustration where as if a boy does such a thing the most common thing said by these gossip aunties is “are garam khun hai, bhadke ga hi”

So funny if it’s a boy then “garam khun” if it’s a girl “think and then act” then it doesn’t matter if you like what is happening around you or not.

It might be that many people would have not gone through these things their parents would have not led them through such teaching or such situations, but then if looked around and discussed isn’t it a very few of them?

When my cousin sister had got married and we had come back home I had heard my and aunt say “such a weird thing it is, we bring up that bundle of joy with so much of love and care, and once she grows up this person comes… a pundit says some mantras and with a few drops of water she is given of to someone else saying “kanyadaan” and is married off to that person.”

Somewhere we believed that guy was good for my sister, but today when we see her flourishing in her carrier, her extracurricular activities and home and all she says is “it’s my husband to whom all the credit goes to.” We are proud of her choice, maybe we could have never found a better person then he is.

Till now I had always read this in the novels which I read, and to know that it can really happen in real at least with one person then why not the others?

If one husband can support his wife and her thoughts; then why not other husbands do the same?

When we are accepting some changes around us why not accept one more – why not bring up our lads in the same way as we bring up our princess. Why not make both the partners a bit mature rather than just the one.

It is always said “a lot of pressure at one side always destroys that side, its better to keep a balance between the two”

May be by introducing our sons to the world of reality at a blooming age the story would be different. maybe would help them to maintain the balance as always it’s better to be prepared rather than finding out the ways to overcome the problem once it occur.

Remember a girl and a boy when are born are born in the same manner, they eat the same food, the parents who brings them up is the same, the world in which they stay is as well same it’s never them it’s always us.

How we welcome them in this world, how we make them eat their food, how the parents see them as a girl, a boy or a child while giving them the values, how the world looks at them and how they themselves are thought by their surroundings. As a child always learn from what he sees if vilonce is what he sees than that is what he learns, if love is what he sees than love is what he learns and equality and understanding is what we see than that is what he learns.

How about a question for every person who are reading this, think over it would your life had been different if your parents and this world would have treated you the same way that your sister/brother, mother/father or even your life partner is … answer truth fully and not to me or anyone else only to that inner self who is always with you, for once accept what your heart says, and if it is a yes then please act upon it rather than ignoring that voice within you once again.

Hello everyone,

If it’s not as per your expectations, than I am really sorry but I tried my best to pen down my thoughts, there are many things that can be actually said upon this and words are quite a few for them… work upon the matter if you really feel it is true.

And to let me know what you think about it please comment bellow in the comment box, your silence won’t give anything may be a bit of voice against it can surely do.

If you really liked the article please share the link with as many people as possible, and support me through your comments and follows…

Thank you

Have a great day

And please do share and comment.



4 comments:

  1. Subject of Article is very intresting & forcing to think about the same... Hope it will create change in mentality of ours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it really does thanks a lot for reading

      Delete
  2. A change is required actually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I knw ...and what I believe is its us todays genration who can bring it out

      Delete

THE WORLD - REVOLVES AROUND US OR REVOLVES AROUND ME?

If ever counted, then we would be shocked to know the number of times we would have thought about the concepts of "I", "ME&q...