Friday 29 June 2018

The - Independent humans!


How materialistic we humans are. Our happiness, our memories and many times even our feelings are stuck up to those small things that are given by someone to us, at some point of time.

Our pictures, our dolls, our tiffin, or diaries. Everything has some or the other memories that have attached to them. Hence when the time comes to let these things go, get our rooms cleaned up; no matter how aged we are still there is that one feeling within us that keeps us hooked to those things.

‘maybe I could give it to one of my niece.”
Or
“maybe it would be by daughter who would use them.”

We would always reason out, every time that dear thing of ours is in a question to be thrown out of the cupboard and to be let go. When we ourselves know that none of our daughter or the niece would be in a place to wear or use that things. For mostly it would be out dated or they would be way too small for them to even be born at that time.
And numerous times it would be just the preparation of that baby of ours, who wasn’t yet born yet their wedding was something to be planned about even before their names.

We humans are weird, loving things, when all it should have been the person, our selves, the surroundings.
In all relishing the moment.

I still remember the day when I was in sixth standard. My mom had taken me to the jeweler. My nose was to be pierced for the second time. I didn’t like the nose ring, none of my friends wore them, it made me look way mature than I was. But I had to get my nose pierced again, for that was the tradition I was to follow. How was it even possible that a Maharashtrian girl- Indian to be specific could even stand in the mandap of her wedding wearing a magnetic nose ring.
One which my mom had been capable of making even before I was born.

That day did I realized that my mom wasn’t different. The cool, cute mom of mine who let me ware shorts at home, who gave me anything to eat irrespective of the feed backs given to me about my weight; somewhere she was as well a human. A human who had to follow the Prejudices.

Now after 20 long years of me being born, capable to do wonders with my creative mind, did I somehow began to comprehend the concept of being human.

It was simple. We all are never us. My mom is my mom, I am her daughter, a girl who has to complete her studies, if lucky land myself in a government organization have a steady income throughout my life and once I get my almost the 5-month salary parade in front of a sample, who would proudly claim me as his wife.
But with these things coming closer and being able to fathom, did I realize… not every human being knows what and who he is. It’s just a path which everyone follows, though its destination - none knows.

We are born, taught by our parents to talk, walk, and conduct ourselves the way they want to, once grown are admitted in the school which selects me not the other way round, and unfortunately the process goes on till the time we die.
Who says that we humans decide for ourselves. I believe it’s always the others who unknowingly decides for us and we unknown to ourselves, we decide for the others.

And that as well stretches out to an extent that even the ice-cream that we eat … mostly depends on the price – not the product, nor the flavor… a factor that is not at all in our hands.
And we say the humans are the most independent species in the world… alas we are!


6 comments:

  1. True fact in life u said. Véry nice Yadni. Keep on writting such a nice things. All the best dear for your future. Lots of blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for such encouraging words. and i am sorry for replying this late. your blessings do mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Very well written and thought provoking! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank a lot. glad i my words were as effective as i meant them to be.

    ReplyDelete

THE WORLD - REVOLVES AROUND US OR REVOLVES AROUND ME?

If ever counted, then we would be shocked to know the number of times we would have thought about the concepts of "I", "ME&q...